Sunday 30 December 2007

Why 'You Can Call Me Al' Is Not A Good Wake Up Song

I have been doing a lot of writing today. I have been thinking and tying up loose ends. I really like this time of the year. I like all the plans I make, and I like the looking back over what I've done in the past year, and thinking about how I will build on it, and do more and do much better stuff in the new year.

Right now I am listening to "You Can Call Me Al" by Paul Simon. It is a great song. I love Chevy Chase. I think at one point I was going to have this song as my alarm wake up song, because it has that ability to put you in a good mood no matter what is happening in your life, but then I decided I would end up hating the song because the bad feeling of having to get up in the morning would eventually override the joy of hearing that song. It would taint it. And so I don't have it as my alarm wake up song. Instead, I have the song "Going To Happen" by Koufax, and I can't bear to listen to it for pleasure anymore. I feel bad for Koufax. And I quite often think I should change songs, and I even go so far as to make lists of possible choices, songs I could never tire of, songs I could never get angry with. But at the end of the day, I don't want to chance it and risk losing another song I love, and so poor Koufax remain as the bane of my morning existence. Sorry Koufax.

No comments: