Oh dear. I have been hiding from the internet for a long time. That flu got a hold of me on Boxing day and floored me for a good 9 days. I don’t think I’ve ever been that ill before. I spent a whole week in bed. Just in bed. And I started thinking of the internet as being the eye of Sauron, and I didn’t want to be seen. Things got a bit weird for a while there. I feel like I’ve lost a week of my life and I should still be doing Christmas-type things. But life has been going on all around me. I think I may have inadvertently sparked a dangerous new obsession for this person. Maybe after "annie book" and "fish book" we will have "hassleback book". Who knows? I think it might be on the cards.
There has been a “write seven things about yourself” meme going round, and Sally Cook has tagged me. My first thought was: Oh god, I don’t know 7 blogging people to tag. But it’s okay, because you can tag anyone and it’s up to them to (a) find out, and (b) decide to do anything or nothing about it. So...
1. If I could have any superpower, it would be the ability to stop and restart time. I would probably use it mostly in the mornings.
2. I’ve been obsessed with survival manuals since I was a kid. I used to get them out from the library and memorise the techniques. Maybe I shouldn’t have been allowed to watch The Blue Lagoon or read Treasure Island. To this day, I know how to get water in various environments - all that building solar stills and finding plants and checking for dead sheep in streams business. And I know how to survive in sub-zero temperatures, too. Which should come in quite handy over the next few days. I can also build rafts, bridges and dens. In theory, I am Ray Mears in a skirt. In practice, I would probably cry out more water than I would gain if I actually had to drink my own sun-filtered urine.
3. I have size 5 feet.
4. I was vegan for 13 years but stopped a few months ago. Sometimes I still feel bad about this. I try not to think about the things I didn’t have to think about. I am in love with Tiramisu. On Sunday, I rediscovered cheese. Cheese!
5. I am refusing to take the Christmas tree down, even though it is supposedly bad luck to leave it up past the 6th. I think I will leave it up for an extra week to make up for the week I missed. It will be my version of ‘stopping time’. Good plan!
6. Tomorrow I have to build lots of flat-pack furniture. And make some curtains. It is going to be a very busy day, but by the end of it, there will be order instead of chaos. Apparently.
7. I am in a mild state of panic about 68% of the time. The rest of the time I am asleep.
The seven people I tag are: